International Organization for Standardization (ISO) released ISO 22000:2018 for Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) - Requirements for any organization in the food chain, in order to provide a framework of internationally harmonized requirements for systematically managing safety in food production. Following the publication of ISO 22000, BIS has adopted this international standard, such as IS / ISO 22000:2018. This standard combines the principles of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) developed by the Codex Alimentarius Commission, and combines the HACCP Prerequisite Programs (PRSPs). Risk analysis is the key to a system of safety management as effective food risk analysis helps to organize the knowledge to build an effective combination of controls. ISO 22000 requires that all hazards that may reasonably be expected in the food chain, including hazards that may be associated with the type of treatment and facilities are identified and evaluated. Therefore allows to determine and document the reasons for some of the identified risks should be managed by a particular organization and why others do not need.
Benefits form ISO 22000:2018 Certification
- Integrates the principles of Hazards Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system developed be Codex Alimentarius Commission. It combines the HACCP plan with prerequisite programme (PRPs) and operational PRPs.
- Requires that all Hazards that may be reasonably expected to occur in the food chain are identified, assessed and controlled.
- Can be applied independent of other management system standards or can be integrated with existing other management systems.
- Allows even small, tiny scale organizations to implement as externally developed combination of control measures.
- Intended for organizations seeking more focused, coherent and integrated food safety management systems.
- Emphasis on preventions of food safety hazards of all types.
- Ensures compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Provides for management of potential emergency situations & accidents that can impact food safety.
For More Information Contact us
ISO 27001 certification in Singapore, ISO 27001 certification in Australia, ISO 27001 certification in London, ISO 27701 certification in Singapore, ISO 27701 certification in Australia, ISO 27701 certification in London, GDPR Compliance, PIMS Certification.